The Care Practice founded by Dr. Vernon has been helping individuals, couples and families to improve their lives since 1992. We are located at 116 Defense Highway, Suite 210, Annapolis, Maryland. We are conveniently located near Westfield Annapolis Mall and easily accessible to Route 50/301.
Dr. Vernon has been a Licensed Psychologist since 1986 with a private practice in Annapolis, Maryland where she provides counseling services to individuals, couples, and families. She is a published author of ”Divorce is The Pits”, a book dealing with the crisis of divorce. It focuses on helping adults and children cope with the initial shock and aftermath of emotional trauma accompanying a significant life changing event. She appeared on the OPRAH show about 16 years ago as a featured expert to help people make better choices and not repeat their same mistakes. In addition, she has done numerous radio and TV interviews, both on network and cable stations, and is often interviewed by newspaper reporters on various psychological issues or stories relating to mental health topics. For a period of time she had her own radio shows in Annapolis and later in Baltimore, dealing with guests and a call-in question and answer segment.
Dr. Vernon was a contributing author to iSingle Parent Magazine on issues related to parenting and children, including navigating divorce. Dr. Vernon is often called upon as an expert witness by Court Systems because of her reputation for being an effective communicator and willing to work on challenging and complex cases.
Dr. Vernon is a member of:
• American Psychological Association, and subcommittees including the Directorate of Independent Practice, the Family Division, the Division on Media Relations
• Fellow Status in the American College of Forensic Examiners
• The Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
• The American Academy of Family Mediation
• Fellow Status in the Professional Academy of Custody Evaluators and Parenting Coordinators
• Maryland Psychological Association (Former Chair of the Division on Public Education and Media)
• President of the Anne Arundel County Psychological Association
She is committed to making psychology more user-friendly and accessible to the general public in order to feel better, enhance our interpersonal relationships, and interact more effectively in our environment. Dr. Vernon believes that our overall quality of life can be improved if we begin to draw on competent, practical, and helpful information based on sound psychological theories to guide our behavior.
Committed to helping you and your family live a happier and healthier life.